I was born and bred in the beautiful city of Hamburg in Germany. It’s a city that breathes media, design, and style. Perhaps that’s how I got “infected” with the design bug. Life has brought me to the US, and I have been learning and working in the Carolinas since 1998. Columbia, Charleston, and Greenville have been my stops before settling in the Triad area in Spring of 2013. I have earned a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design and have built on that foundation ever since. I’m not sure if I should be happy or sad that there is not one school project left on my site.
17 years of industry experience in cutting-edge print and web environments in an ever-changing world have shaped my skills and heightened my senses.
I have had the privilege of working with a number of wonderful clients from various industries who are true experts in their field. Thanks also to my talented coworkers who have pushed me to new heights and who strive to do better every day.
I have worked for branding agencies, high-end print shops, corporations, and freelanced along the way.
Red Letter Marketing, Greensboro, NC
Design Team Lead
since June 2013
Your Creative People, Greenville, SC
October 2008 – April 2013
Gee Creative, Charleston, SC
October 2005 – September 2008
Crowson Stone Printing, Columbia, SC (now a division of Indexx)
Digital Prepress Specialist / Designer
April 2002 – August 2005
BJU Advertising and Design, Greenville, SC
January 2002 – April 2002
Olaf pays close attention to essential details while keeping the big picture in mind.
Creativity and logic always go hand in hand when I am at work. Every design is executed with verve and great attention to fine details. I ensure that a design is not only visually appealing but also practical to produce.
I focus on delivering the right message to your audience to maximize your investment. Your expertise and opinion is essential for a project strategy. Only together can we create impactful results. Cookie-cutter solutions is really not my thing as every situation and project is unique. Satisfying customers is what drives me.
Want to drop me a line or start a project? Contact me.
- INTEGRITY Integrity and transparency are paramount to who we are and what we do.
- COMMITMENT I will do what it takes to get the job done with excellence, on time, and under budget.
- TEAMWORK I respect other members of a project and value their feedback and contribution.
- CURIOSITY An insatiable curiosity to life and unrelenting quest for continuous learning.
- HUMOR Why so serious? Work hard but also let go and have some fun. Besides, you are at the wrong job if you can’t have fun along the way.
While work is an important part of life, it is not the only one. Below is a list of things that I find myself doing and craving most.
- TRAVELING “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” ― Augustine of Hippo
- TOASTMASTERS “The mouth is made for communication, and nothing is more articulate than a kiss.” ― Jarod Kintz
- SOCCER The greatest sport and activity on this planet.
- CRAFT BEER “I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer.” ― Abraham Lincoln
- BIBLICAL CHRISTIANITY “Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us. — Hebrews 12:1
- COOKING “One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating.” —Luciano Pavarotti
- SPINNING/CYCLING “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” ― Paul Terry
- SUSPENSE MOVIES “A martini. Shaken, not stirred. — James Bond“
- TRANCE AROUND THE WORLD “You live your life just once. So don’t forget about a thing called love.” — Above & Beyond
- FINANCIAL PEACE UNIVERSITY “We buy things we don’t need with money we don’t have to impress people we don’t like.” ― Dave Ramsey
- NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS “Do your job!” — Bill Belichick, Head coach
Would like to know all the professional details about me? Download my resume.Download Resume